The 2023 Asia Cup will be the 19th edition of the tournament, and it will be held in Pakistan and Sri Lanka. The tournament will be played in a hybrid format, with four matches being played in Pakistan and the remaining nine matches being played in Sri Lanka.
The six teams participating in the tournament are:
- Sri Lanka
The tournament will be played in a round-robin format, with each team playing each other once. The top four teams will then progress to the Super 4 stage, where they will play each other again. The top two teams from the Super 4 stage will then play the final.
The defending champions are India, who won the tournament in 2018. India are the most successful team in the history of the tournament, having won the title a record 7 times. Pakistan are the second most successful team, having won the title 5 times.
The Asia Cup is a major cricket tournament in the Asian region, and it is always keenly contested. The 2023 tournament is expected to be no different, and it promises to be a thrilling competition.
The Asia Cup 2023 is scheduled to be held from August 30 to September 17, 2023. The following is the schedule of the tournament:
- August 30: Pakistan vs Nepal, Multan
- August 31: India vs Afghanistan, Sri Lanka
- September 1: Bangladesh vs Sri Lanka, Sri Lanka
- September 2: India vs Pakistan, Kandy
- September 3: Afghanistan vs Nepal, Kandy
- September 4: Bangladesh vs Pakistan, Multan
- September 5: India vs Nepal, Sri Lanka
- September 6: Afghanistan vs Bangladesh, Multan
- September 7: Super 4 1, Multan
- September 8: Super 4 2, Kandy
- September 9: Super 4 3, Multan
- September 10: Super 4 4, Kandy
- September 11: Final, Karachi
The following are the teams participating in the Asia Cup 2023:
- Sri Lanka
The following are some of the key players to watch out for in the Asia Cup 2023:
- Virat Kohli (India): The Indian captain is one of the best batsmen in the world, and he will be looking to lead his team to victory.
- Babar Azam (Pakistan): The Pakistani captain is another world-class batsman, and he will be a major threat to the opposition.
- Rohit Sharma (India): The Indian opener is a destructive batsman who can score runs quickly.
- Mohammad Rizwan (Pakistan): The Pakistani wicket-keeper batsman is a reliable batsman who can also keep wickets well.
- Shakib Al Hasan (Bangladesh): The Bangladeshi all-rounder is a versatile cricketer who can bat, bowl, and field well.
- Rashid Khan (Afghanistan): The Afghan leg-spinner is one of the best bowlers in the world, and he will be a key player for his team.
The Asia Cup 2023 is shaping up to be a thrilling competition, and it promises to be a feast for cricket fans. The tournament is sure to produce some exciting matches, and it will be interesting to see who comes out on top.